Monday, April 29, 2013

A Heart Transplant



                                                                             
I would like to share with you a revelation that I received  from the living word of God.  It is amazing to me how the bible can speak to us, right where we are. I like to think about things and to ask the Holy Spirit on occasion questions that  trouble my heart. I don''t always get the complete understanding, but enough to satisfy me and encourage my faith.


The following are a few of the questions I have asked the Lord. 1. "Lord Jesus, how can the Holy Spirit come and live in a heart, that the Word of God says is ' deceitful, above of things, and desperately sick.?" ( Jeremiah 17:9) 2. How can a Holy God come and live in a garbage can of a heart like mine? 3. How can I ever empty myself enough to be able to to be filled with the Holy Spirit? 

For years these questions troubled me.  I wanted an answer. I tried to repent of every sin I knew.  I thought that if I repented enough I could clean my wicked heart of sin, then I could be filled again.  How deceived I was. Then one day the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear, "Why are you trying to clean a garbage can.  Even if you wash it again and again, it is still a garbage can. I do not live in a garbage can, nor even a new garbage can." A garage can is a garage can, and no wonder I felt so condemned all the time.

 Later, the Holy Spirit led me to Matthew 9:17.I started to read, "No one  puts a piece of unskrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch tears away from the garment, and a worse tear is made. Neither is new wine put into old wine skins  If it is, the skins burst and the wine is spilled and the skins are destroyed.  But new wine is put into fresh wine skins and so both are preserved."  I was beginning to understand more about what happened when I was born again.  It was a miracle.  God supernaturally had taken that stoney heart of sin and nailed it to the cross. (Colossians 2:6-17).  No way was He ever going to live in the old heart of sin, full of rebellion, and corruption.  There was no way I could ever clean that garbage can.  I NEEDED A NEW HEART. A HEART TRANSPLANT.

Days later I was reading in Ezekiel 36:25-27 and my eyes were really opened to the miracle that had happen in my heart. "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanliness,and from all your idols, I will cleanse you.  And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give a NEW heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules" It was like a light bulb went on.  The Lord Himself had created a new heart in me.  No wonder I felt so discouraged trying to repent to change myself. It was impossible. A sinner is a sinner, and the sinner must die. (Ezekiel 13:4) By faith I was born again to a newness of life.

This revelation changed my own walk with God.  I had a new heart to enable me to obey God. When the Holy Spirit showed me that He was the "enabling grace in me,"  I thought, what a God!  He not only  created a new heart in me, put His spirit in me and NOW He would enable me to walk in His ways.  He is not asking for the impossible.  He is enabling me to obey Him.  It doesn't get any better than that. I am now without excuse.  By the grace of God (the person and power of the Holy Spirit) I can do all things that He is calling me to do.  I am not sinless.  I still do sin, but the good news is I don't want to sin. I desire to keep my new heart clean by keeping short accounts with the Lord. His blood is continuously cleansing me and I am  filled again with the Holy Spirit. 

 It is possible to walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lust of my flesh.  I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, the old has gone and the new has come. (1 Cor. 5:17)  Do I walk perfectly? no.  I do get convicted, but never condemned .  I am so grateful for the power of the cross and how it has liberated me from the power of sin,  and continues to deliver me from the world, my flesh and the Devil.  I would love any comment you might have to share.  May the Name of the Lord be praised forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.