Monday, April 18, 2016

The GIFT of Repentance

Have you ever thought of repentance as a gift?  Even as a young child, I never was very good admitting when I was wrong. When I did something that I knew my mother would not approve, I hated to say "I am sorry".  It just didn't come naturally.  My pride would never let me admit that I was wrong. There were times when I would rather be right then agreeable. I had no idea that I was a sinner in need of a savior. I knew that I did wrong things and tried to change my behavior and in many cases I did, but, I was never able to honestly repent and desire not to sin again.


One day a friend sat down with me and explained that 'repentance was a gift' from God and if I was having trouble repenting or understanding it, I should just ask the Lord for the gift. The days that followed were amazing, I came to see and understand that I WAS NOT A SINNER BECAUSE I SIN, BUT I SIN BECAUSE I AM A SINNER! I found that VERY liberating and the gospel of Jesus Christ was more clarified to me. 


Repentance is a powerful gift of the Holy Spirit and without Him we would NEVER be able to truly repent and be saved. Now when we sin,we can repent without condemnation and turn to God, because we KNOW that we are NOT in ADAM any longer. We have been completely forgiven.  We (sinner) have died in Christ and have been raised as a 'saint', one set apart to God forever.  Sinners sin but saints repent.

Amos 3:3 says, "How can two walk together unless they agree ".  There is a real freedom knowing that God's word is ALWAYS  right and that we can submit to Him.  To  admit when we are wrong, and confess our sin is no longer a problem. God is always right and has the last word. It is real freedom for our soul. 

There is NO ONE like our GOD. His word is eternal and no matter what we think about any situation, His word is  alive to convict, heal and deliver us. As we continue to learn His Word and obey it, He will  grant to us a great peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.