Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Arrows that fly by day

When I think of the arrows that fly by day, it makes me think of WORDS.  How many times have words just come out of your mouth and like arrows have been shot out into the air, sometimes intentionally out of control, causing pain and suffering.  We used to say as kids," Sticks and stones will break my bones, but WORDS will never harm me."  Is that really true?  I don't think it is.


Words are powerful.  God created the universe by speaking words, and we are like little creators, created in His image. Our God  created SOMETHING out of NOTHING, but we create SOMETHING OUT OF SOMETHING.  It first has to be created, then we can create something.  God created speech to bring forth LIFE not death.  But because of the Fall, our words now can really create DEATH. They can deeply wound a human heart and often we don't even know that we have done it. Or we can speak LIFE and bring happiness to someones heart.


As I was pondering this thought, I thought to myself, "Satan speaks words too, and if we believe them, they too, will come true."  Jesus said "to bring very thought into the captivity of Christ."  Satan will try to make us believe, that his thoughts are ours.  He will try to put words into your mouth that you will begin to think are true, but they are NOT the word of God. Don't believe that every thought is from God or from yourself.

I am so grateful for the body of Christ.  We can encourage one another when we hear a brother or sister confess a lie about themselves that we know by the scripture is not true. It usually will come in a form of condemnation, a feeling of guilt, or some false accusation.  By the grace of God , we don't have to listen to those words that create death, but believe the truth of God's word and live.


For instance, Satan will make you think that the Lord does not care about you, or is punishing you, or that you're not acceptable unless you have confessed all your sins.  It will go on and on.  He will try to destroy your faith with lies.  

One of the greatest truths that set me free and that keeps me free is 
'if God's word said it, then it is settled. I believe it and my mind has to submit to the Word of God.

 His WORD began to break and expose every lying and accusing  arrow that tried to destroy my faith.  I had this mental picture of Jesus breaking the arrows before they hit me.  It was like He stood in front of me, protecting me from Satan's accusations. "Now, the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the  ACCUSER OF THE BROTHERS, (and sisters)  has been thrown down".  Revelation 12:10. In Luke 10:17, my favorite, Jesus is speaking to His disciplines and for us TODAY, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpent and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.  Never the less, do not rejoice in this that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Don't let Satan try to convince you that those WORDS were only for His disciplines then and not for us today. ARE WE NOT HIS DISCIPLES TODAY?  When Jesus said "It is Finished", He meant it. Satan has no authority over us.  Jesus is Lord.

We don't have to receive ever again Satan's arrows of accusation.  We are free and the WORD OF GOD WILL NOT RETURN VOID. We are more than loved by the one who created us, who continuously pours out His love and forgiveness all day long.  Believe and be healed from any arrows that have afflicted your heart, in the name of Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.