Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

LAST WORDS OF A MARTYR

In 1980 a young man from Rwanda was forced by his tribe to either renounce Christ or be killed on the spot. He was martyred.  The night before he was martyred he wrote the following commitment, which was found on the wall in his room.
                                                                                             

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed
   I have Holy Spirit power
      the die is cast.  I have stepped over the line.
        the decision has been made.
           I'm a disciple of His

I won't look back
   let up
    slow down
        back away or be still

My past is redeemed
   my present makes sense
      my future is secure.

I'm finished with low living
   Sight walking
      small planning
         smooth knees
             colorless dreams
                 mundane talking
                      cheap living and dwarf goals

I no longer need pre-eminence
   prosperity
      position
          promotions
              popularity

I don't have to be right
   first
     tops
        recognized
            regarded
               or rewarded

My face is set
   my gait is fast
       my road is narrow
          my way rough
               my companies few
                    my guide reliable

I cannot be bought
   comprised
      detoured
         lured away
           turned back or delayed

I will not finish in the face of sacrifice
    hesitate in the presence of the adversary
       negotiate at the table of the enemy
          ponder at the pool of popularity
             or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't grow up
   shut up
      or let up, until
         I have prayed up
             paid up and preached up for the cause of Christ

I am a disciple of Jesus
   I must go till He comes
      give till I drop
         preach till all know and work till He stops me.

And when he comes for His own, He will have no problems recognizing me
   My banner will be clear.

(written by an anonymous African pastor                      
 For more information   Dr. Bob Moorehead " The Way of the Master")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.