Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Holy Spirit's Encounter


 It was three o'clock in the morning , when I first awoke, overcome with a deep sorrowful grief like I had never felt before.  Not to wake my husband I left the bedroom, and went downstairs to continue to intercede. I knew it was the Lord  weeping in me and wanting me to pray with Him for America. He was very grieved how far we had fallen from His gospel. I knew then, in my heart, that ONLY the REAL Jesus could save America from Her destruction. I was on my face before the Lord crying out for the sins of my forefathers in New England, who were part of our country's birth. They had the gospel, but by my generation it had been sadly watered down. I cried bitter tears of repentance, for how long I don't know. 

 In one of my deepest moments, I remember the Lord saying , "This Nation has been won by the blood of men, but it has yet to be won by the blood of the Son. It is a proud, arrogant nation and an independent spirit is fast shutting Me out.  I love America.  I established America and put my spirit in the land. But if  My people, who are called by My Name, will NOT humble themselves and pray, or seek my face and turn from their wicked way, I will NOT heal their land.." At that time, I knew Lord Jesus Christ was our only hope for our country. (2Chronicles 7:14) This first encounter was in 1976. the year of our Nation's TriCentennial.

Since then, I have witnessed America slipping away from the God of it's birth and becoming more secular. However, I believe the Lord is WAKING UP  His church to take a stand and to bring America back to her God, the LORD JESUS CHRIST.  Because if we don't, what will be the future of our children, grandchildren and great grand children? Psalm 33:12 says, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, and the people whom he has chosen as His heritage."  Also, Proverbs 29:2 says the same thing,"When the righteous rule, the people rejoice, but when the unrighteous (unbelievers) rule the people groan." 

Judgement has begun in the house of the Lord. (1 Peter 4:17).  One thing about the 'house of the Lord' it isn't in just America. Jesus loves ALL the nations and if His people in every nation will humble themselves and turn back to God, He will heal their land. I don't think we realize the importance of our prayers for our nation.

I have to remind myself, that I cannot expect the unbeliever to pray. Only a believer has 'throne rights' through the blood of Jesus, and can stand in the gap for the unbeliever.  God will answer our prayers. We can cry out to God for them and our nation.  I also need to remember that "Mercy triumphs over judgement." (James 2:13) The Lord is merciful and doesn't want to bring judgement, He desires mercy, but the church has to pray and He will give us back our land.  He wants us to occupy until He comes. God is calling out all His intercessors. It is time to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, and ONLY unto Him be true. 
  
It is NOT impossible to turn this nation back to the God of Israel.  The Lord told us to pray " thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven". His body, the church, is the ONLY instrument through which this will be accomplished.  Until then, the Lord will continue to build His church in every nation.  One day His "knowledge will cover the earth, as the water covers the sea", and that is a promise. (Isaiah 11:9)


    












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.