Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE

Most of us are familiar with the story of the 21 Coptic Christians from Egypt who held fast to their faith and were beheaded by ISIS in February, 2015.

But did you know that only 20 of them were actually Copts from Egypt?  Did you know that one of the martyrs was from Chad, and he had not been a Christian prior to the day of his beheading?

Although this story was previously reported, I had not heard it before this week.

But at this week's World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians hosted by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, a Coptic leader shared the account.

It is a remarkable story.  All 21 men had been working in Libya when they were kidnapped by ISIS.

The Coptic Christians were given a choice to deny Jesus or die.  They refused to deny Him, knowing it would cost them their heads.

When the terrorists ordered the man from Chad to deny Jesus or die he answered, "their God is my God," thereby sealing his fate.

That is how moved he was by the faith of these Christians.  Their refusal to deny their Savior, even at the point of death-literally at the point of a knife to their throats- moved him to make a profession of faith. One that would cost him his head as well. 

The man had not been a believer.  All he had to say was, "I don't believe in Jesus" or,  "Jesus is not the Son of God," and he could walk away a free man. He would be with his family again.  He would not die a brutal death.  He would live to see another day.

Instead this man chose to proclaim "Go ahead and behead me,"  Your god is not my God  Their God is my God."

That is the power of the gospel, and that is how we overcome Satan, by not loving our lives to the point of death.  (Revelation12:11) May our Lord strengthen His people with these words.


11 comments:

  1. Regards for helping out, excellent information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate it for this fantastic post, I am glad I discovered this website
    on yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why
    I used to love this site. Thank you, I'll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your web site?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually grateful to the owner of this web site who has
    shared this wonderful post at at this place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used
    to love this web site. Thanks, I'll try and check back more often.
    How frequently you update your website?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so
    much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message
    home a little bit, but other than that, this is fantastic
    blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be
    back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some genuinely interesting points you have written.Assisted me a lot, just what I was looking for
    :D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was honored to receive a call from a friend as he found out the important ideas shared on your site.

    Examining your blog article is a real excellent experience.

    Many thanks for considering readers at all like me, and I
    hope for you the best of success for a professional in this field.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! In the end I got a web site from where I know how to
    genuinely obtain helpful facts concerning my study and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep this going please, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.

    I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.