Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

HE TOOK OUR PAIN

I would like to share a true story about my mother and  how she  experienced the Lord consuming her pain, by faith in His pain on the cross.

One Sunday afternoon my mother's nose started to bleed.  Within the next half hour, my father had to rush her to the emergency room. By the time she arrived at the hospital she was hemorrhaging from her nose. Her blood pressure was extremely high. Fortunately, the pressure came out her nose rather than having a stroke.

 Mom was a faithful believer.  By the time I got to her, she was praising the Lord the best she could.  She was very scared and white as a sheet. Cotton was being pushed up her nose through her sinuses to stop the bleeding. She was crying out to the Lord, "Help me Lord.  I love you, I love you."  

I took her right hand and held it tightly. "You are going to be okay, Mom.  We will praise Him together" 

As we started to praise the Lord for who He was, I received a word from Him, "Praise Me for Calvary.  I am letting her feel a pinch of the pain that I took for her."

"Mom, we have to praise the Lord for Calvary and for the pain He endured for us." I exclaimed to her.

She immediately started to praise the Lord. The more we thanked Him for all the pain He endured for us, the more that the bleeding began to stop and the pain to subside.  The nurses were amazed.  They had never seen anything like this, and neither had we. 

My mother later told me, "Dottie, I think I now know a little more about the fellowship of His suffering. He did consume my pain in His.  Mine was nothing compared to His. Praise His Holy name."

I have never forgotten her words or the Lord's testimony of His presence with us. We worship an amazing God. His presence is always with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.