Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2018

MOTHERS BEHIND THE MEN

There is a saying, " The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."  This is you MOM!

Many of our nation's presidents recognized the impact of godly mothers--as evidenced in these quotes. "All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my successes in life to the education I received from her, " George Washington.  "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me," Abraham Lincoln.  "From my mother I learned the value of prayer, how to have dreams and believe I could make them come true."  Ronald Reagan.  These leaders guided the country through difficult circumstances and attributed their success in part to their mother's teachings.

You may feel this culture has no place for you.  You bring a child into the world and it no longer belongs to you.  It may seem like the state wants to take over and tell you how to raise your child.  But that is not true.  If God has graced you with a child,  he/she is a gift from Him. You have the privilege to raise him/her in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.  God has a special plan to bless that child with His glory.  He is with you and will show you the way.

Saint Paul  also recognizes the importance of godly mothers and grandmothers.  His letters to Timothy mention Lois and Eunice who taught Timothy scripture from childhood and modeled sincere faith despite a less than ideal environment (Timothy's father wasn't a Christian.).  Their influence led Timothy to become Paul's traveling companion in spreading the gospel and ultimately a leader in the early church. 2Timothy 1:5

Mom, don't lose heart.  God is on your side. You are raising the next generation of godly leaders.  It is time for the the righteous to rule and let the people rejoice.  Your sons and daughters will make an impact for good or for evil.  Remember who is  rocking the cradle!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.