Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

True Love Never Fails



Valentines Day is behind us now, and many of our hearts have been affirmed that somebody loves us. How long will that last? A day, a month, a year or to the next disagreement.  Human love is so fickle.  It loves you one minute and hates you the next. Is there another LOVE that will accept us for who we are and not force us to change, but to draw us to itself?  Is there a LOVE more powerful than human love, to miraculously  change us into new creation? A loving creation that has never been before created for eternity?


As much fun and joy as Valentines Day brings to our hearts, I have found  a LOVE that continues day after day, through trials and tribulations. It reaches out to be believed and received. It never changes. It is the always the same, yesterday, today and forever. It is never tired of expressing itself, even if it is rejected or pushed away. This LOVE will pursue it's object endlessly, until it finally captures a heart to confess, "I am LOVED by the very ONE who created me."


 To admit that to yourself, may not be the easiest fact to acknowledge, but it is true. You may look at yourself and say,"Who could love me? I am a failure, a loser, a disappointment to my wife, my husband, my parents and my whole family." All that may be true, but I would like to share with you the other side of your story.


Before the foundations of the earth were laid, when the great Elohim, the Creator God, created the heavens and the earth, He had you and me in His mind.We were not an afterthought,or a mistake. We were created out of His LOVE, because that is who He is.  God is Love. (1John 4:26) He had a plan for us to glorify is name and to enjoy Him forever. The creation of man was the greatest, most magnificent thought that God ever designed. Adam and Eve were two perfect human beings until that grave day, when they both decided to live for themselves without their Creator.  


It is so easy to believe that when Adam and Eve sinned that God stop loving mankind, but that is not true.  God is Love.  It is His nature.  It is who He is and He can't change. His great unconditional LOVE for us was so clearly demonstrated at the cross. (Romans 5:8)  God did not just SAY He loved us. He DID something that no man could do for himself. He sent His only begotten Son to earth to pay a debt He did not owe for a debt we could not pay.  Jesus in ONE extraordinary act, liberated mankind from the penalty of sin of Adam. (John 3:16,17)


 If you, like me, have ever had the thought," I didn't ask to be born or why should I be blamed for Adam's sin?" FORGET IT.  We didn't create ourselves and whether we like it or not, we all were created in sin in our mother's womb (Psalm 51:50). That is the TRUTH, and there is only ONE way out of this dilemma. LOVE, demonstrated on the cross for you and I is waiting for us, if we only accept it.  To reject the cross is to reject  LOVE, as if to say, " God I don't need you .  You and I will never be unconditionally accepted as we are in the Beloved. (Eph.1:6)"


Religion is dead and apart from LOVE we all are dead.  LOVE  expressed in the man Christ Jesus is the only human being, who really does loves us. We knows our talents, our gifts and desires.  He knows our future. He knows our every thought.  We don't have to perform to earn His approval of how good we are.  We are loved simply because He created us and He was willing to be judged in OUR PLACE in order to bring us back to Himself. I have to ask myself, honestly, "I don't know one person who really would die for me."  They might say they would, but, be honest ,the WILL to LIVE is far stronger than we might think. ONLY JESUS really cares for our soul.


It is His love for me that blows me away, not my love for Him.  Repentance is no longer a long drawn out process, because His love is so attractive that I don't want to sin. But, when I do, I know I have my Lord Jesus Christ as my advocate in Heaven, who says, " I am for you, my daughter and not against you. My blood is enough. Go and sin  no more."


Brothers and sisters, we are so blessed to be loved by God.  There is no one like Him in the Universe. The love of the early church for each other demonstrated to the world at that time, that Jesus lived, died and was resurrected. May we as God's children today, surrender to our Lord and allow His resurrected love, once again, to flow through us to a dying world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.