Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A True Story

Have you ever been face to face with a Doberman Pinscher?  That dog is scary. I don't mean to offend any owner of a Doberman, but I have a true story to tell. It all started one evening when I got a phone call from a friend who was crying out to the Lord.  She was in very deep waters and wanted Jesus, but was being hindered by a spiritual stronghold. We agreed to meet in a parking lot close to her home. As we sat in her car discussing her situation, she told me that she had been in parapsychology, and that she was finding it difficult to concentrate on the Lord Jesus. We talked together for awhile and I explained to her that she had the power of the Holy Spirit in her and that Jesus wanted to deliver her. By the grace of God, I took authority in the name of Jesus and claimed the power of the blood . My friend passed out, but I  kept proclaiming the name of Jesus and the finished work of the cross over her until she recovered.


When she recovered, she was a new person. The spirit had left  and her mind was very clear. She had been so blessed by the Lord's presence that she wanted me to come back and pray through her house.  I accepted.  She told me to wait until she first went into the house to get control of her dog.  When I entered, that  DOG lunged at my throat. He hated me. He was vicious.  His hair was falling out, and my friend was having a difficult time handling his behavior.  Without thinking, I put up my right hand and said,,"In the name of Jesus you back off and be healed."  He backed down enough for my friend to get him under control and put him in the basement.

We continued to talk, as we prayed through the house.  I left and we told each other we would be in touch. Two weeks after my encounter with the Doberman, my friend called and invited my husband and I over for lunch.  We were delighted, but my first thought was, "oh no NOT that dog again".  We accepted.  When we arrived, fortunately, the dog was nowhere in sight. We all sat down to eat a lovely lunch, a green salad and a tuna fish sandwich.   In the middle of the lunch, my friend left the table and went to open the cellar door. I held my breath.  Out came the most beautiful Doberman. He was now so gentle in spirit and his hair had all grown back.  He very calmly came over to me.  I was in shock. I held out my hand with a piece of tuna fish sandwich and he received it graciously.   The Doberman had been completely healed and delivered.  My friend said that she had wanted me to personally see for myself what the Lord had done. AMAZING.  I have to admit I now have a special place in my heart for that  Doberman.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing testimony of God's power in the everyday. He is mighty to save, mighty to save... is the song lyric that kept chorusing through my mind, as I read your post here. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothyjsmall3/5/12, 3:01 PM

    I hope you get this reply. Thank you for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.