Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Highway to Holiness

This  past Sunday a dear brother challenged me to think about  "The Way of Holiness" in Isaiah 35, and what did I think it meant. I do have a few thoughts,but do not confess to have a complete interpretation. I would love to hear from you also on this topic.


In Isaiah 35,  I believe this scripture is an encouragement for Israel when one day they shall return to Zion with singing and an everlasting joy shall be upon there heads. They shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.......It is prophetic to the Nation anticipating the day their Messiah will come and set all things straight. The Highway of Holiness spoken here, I believe is the Messiah, because Isaiah also says, " and the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray."

 I believe the Highway to Holiness is THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, HIMSELF, the long awaited Messiah of Israel..  He said in John 14:6, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE, No one comes to the Father but by ME." .There is only ONE HOLY GOD and He is our God.  His Name is Holy, (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).  He is totally separate and above all other gods. In Matthews 7:13, Jesus is again talking to the disciples explaining the Narrow Way, "Enter by the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction,and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the WAY is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few" .

I use to think that the Highway to Holiness was  hard work. I had to perform and be good.  It was all about my behavior. Didn't He say that the WAY was hard and few find it?  Christianity was getting very hard and quite boring, until the LIGHT BULB went on.

For me, it was all about FAITH in the Word of God. Did I believe that I had entered the narrow gate by identifying with the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, as my own? (Romans 6). Was it faith through grace, that Jesus had secured me on the narrow road to holiness? Would I be transformed as I grew to see Jesus from glory to glory?  Yes! There was such a peace to know that it was NOT by any works that I had done to get there or to even stay there.  

It is all about God's glory. We owe Him our lives.  To be hidden in Christ in God is the only way I know to walk the way of holiness. OUR WONDERFUL JESUS walked that road before us, the road to Calvary. He turns to us and says, "If anyone would come to me, let him deny himself, pick up his cross, and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.  For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and loses his own soul.." Now, when I close my eyes, I see Jesus carrying each one of us in His heart on the WAY OF HOLINESS bringing us HOME to His Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.