Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

God's Jealous Love



Have you ever desired a more intimate relationship with Jesus but He feels millions of miles away?  I have. I was a believer and for many years this deep longing had caused me to search the scriptures for some answers.

In my search to understand more, John 16:17 spoke to my heart, "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.  When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth, for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak, and He will declare to you the things that are to come.  He will glorify me, for He will take what is mine and declare it to you.  All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that He will take what is mine and declare it to you."

Jesus fulfilled that promise at Pentecost.  The Holy Spirit came in power and today we can NOW receive the Holy Spirit, by faith, and hear the Lord speaking to our hearts.

It is amazing. 1 John 2:17 says that the "Anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and  have no need that anyone should teach you.  But as His anointing teaches you about everything--and is true and  is no lie, just as it has taught you--abide in Him." I didn't even know that I had an anointing and that it was the Holy spirit who also sealed me in Christ when I was born again.(Ephesians 1:13) Isn't He wonderful? WOW..so much happened when we were born again.


James 4:7 says,"The Lord JEALOUSLY YEARNS over the Spirit that He has made to dwell in us."  I know that there is no other person on earth that loves us that much. There are many excellent pastors, teachers and books to read, but there is only ONE BOOK inspired by God and ONE teacher who will never disagree with the Word of God or with His Spirit in me.  It speaks of intimacy, and of someone who deeply cares for my soul.The Holy Spirit will discern all truth and error and will lead us into all righteousness.


The Enemy is slick and he will try to blind our spiritual eyes from ever having a relationship with Jesus. But He can't, if we will ONLY believe.  Satan is done and our eyes are opened and we can see our wonderful Jesus more and more, high and lifted up, drawing all men unto Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.