Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

THE BEST WAY TO TRAVEL


Last night I took a journey
   to a land across the seas,
I did not go by boat or plane
   I traveled on my knees.

I saw people there deep in sin,
   Some of whom were my kin,
Jesus told me I should go
   "See how many I could win!"

I said, "but that's not possible 
    For one such as me."
He answered quickly, "Yes, you can
  Travel on your knees."

He said, "You pray. I'll meet your need.
   You call and I will hear."
So I knelt in prayer and felt at ease
   as I knew that he was near.

"Yes Lord I know I can do the job
   My desire is to please."
I will heed your call as you have asked
   And travel on my knees.

                 Based on a poem by Gladys Folden
                      Westminister, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.