Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

CALLED TO SERVE

Living life from day to day with all its difficulties and adversities, one has to wonder ,"Am I really a citizen of Heaven? Am I an ambassador of Christ? If  I am, why is my life so much like the world and why do I still respond like the world?" 

One day I was thinking about this subject and this analogy came to mind. What if I was sent as an ambassador to Holland representing the United States. Instead of representing the American government, I began to settle down enjoying the Dutch culture and forgetting who sent me to Holland. What kind of an effective American ambassador would I be? I think that I would be fired on the spot. 

As a Christian, I have been born again to an eternal hope.  My life has been bought by the blood of Jesus. I am not my own. Jesus has called me out of this world, separated me unto Himself, and sent me back into the world to be His ambassador.

As an ambassador for Christ here on the earth , I often feel that I am learning on the job. Every day, I realize more and more, that this world is not my home.  It is another Kingdom. I have been called to represent God's Kingdom here on earth. It is a privilege to take the message of reconciliation into this fallen world. 

A Christian is one who has Christ's resurrected life manifested in him by the person of the Holy Spirit. We are in the world but not of it. We have been born again to a living hope. Jesus Christ is Lord. We are heading home. We are free, forgiven, and seeking to  bring many citizens of this world back home with us. 

Between now and when we go home, the Lord has supplied us with all that we need in Christ Jesus.  He is in us and with us to fulfill His call in our lives. Through His body, Jesus will be lifted up and draw all men unto Himself. 

 He may not come again in my lifetime, but He is faithful to His promises.  Whatever your need is today, Jesus Himself is your greatest supply.  May the Lord bless you in all He is calling you to do to glorify Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.