Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

LET THE SUNSHINE IN

Do you ever get tired of cold, rainy, cloudy days? It has been like that around here for the last few weeks.  This morning I was complaining to the Lord about His weather, "Lord don't you think enough is enough?  I am getting a little tired of the cold, damp rainy days."  I no sooner spoke those words when a brilliant string of light flashed through my living room window.  It got my attention. "Lord, You don't like my complaining.   Who am I to question Your weather patterns. What about the people who have lost their homes with some much rain. Where is a grateful heart?"

Then this thought came to my mind, "The sun was there all the time, behind the clouds and rainy days.  I didn't need to complain, just wait.  The clouds will pass and the sun will shine again.  I love my mother's saying,  "rain is like liquid sunshine". She was a cheerful person.

The sun continued to intermittently shine between the clouds.  It was a good feeling to know that the sun was again beginning to shine. Wait a minute. " Is this show and tell, Lord ? What are You really trying say.  I get  it."

There are days and seasons in my life when You allow the rain to pour and the clouds to cover the Son, wondering where You are?  How foolish of me. You have been there all the time, right behind the clouds.  The SON is always shining.  You are the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Your  presence  is with me no matter what  circumstances are effecting my life. 

When the trials get long and it feels like it will never end, it is a good feeling to know that the SON is right behind those clouds.  The clouds will lift and I will see the SON again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.