Wouldn't you love to receive an early inheritance, especially if you are young and have a small family? Why wait when you could use it now? Talk about kindness and generosity. That is exactly what Jesus did for His bride, the church.
When Christ died and rose again, He bequeathed to His new bride, here on earth, His healing, His faith, His hope, His love, His peace , His forgiveness and everything He was on earth as the Son of God. Romans 8:16 says, " The Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with Him in order that we may also be glorified with him." (ESV) His death and resurrection released the first installment of His inheritance. We don't have to first physically die to appreciate and appropriate His inheritance. We can start by enjoying it here on earth and receive the fullness later.
The following verses are only a few of the many blessings we have already inherited in Christ. The full inheritance awaits us, but until then, the Lord has released to His Bride an amazing EARLY inheritance for us to receive by faith. As you mediate on these verses you will be blessed.
WE HAVE INHERITED..............
1. All things that pertain unto life and godliness--2Peter 1:3
2 The divine nature of Christ--2 Peter 1:4
3. Power and anointing in the Holy Spirit--Acts 1:8, 1John 2:27
4. Forgiveness of sins and freedom from guilt--1John 1:9 &
5. Divine health and healing--Matthew 8:17
6. Prosperity in all things including our soul--3John 1:2
7. Love, joy, peace and righteousness in the Holy Spirit
8. Victory and freedom from the bondage of sin--Romans 8:11
9. More than conquerors in all things--Romans 8:37
10. An Abundance of grace for every good work
2 Corinthians 9:8
11. Freedom from poverty --assurance that our needs will be met.
12. An understanding of the mystery of God's will--Ephesians 1:9
13. Divine guidance--Romans 8:14
14. Security--Psalm 91
15. Co-laborers with God--1 Corinthians 3:9
16. Seated in heavenly places with Christ--Ephesians 2:6
and much, much more.
In this life we already have received an inheritance far beyond anything that we deserve. To receive and experience all this inheritance here on earth will take more than a life time. Enjoy the journey.