Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jesus Understands

During my childhood, a common saying among adults was "children are seen, but not heard".  This must sound quite foreign to a new generation which isn't afraid to express anything on their minds.  My church didn't help me much.  Jesus was someone who you admired and tried to be like Him. It was like having a FORM OF GODLINESS, BUT DENYING THE POWER. It wasn't until I was an adult, that I was introduced to someone, who really CARED  for my soul. For the first time, I knew that Jesus wasn't just a religious  person who died for my sins, so that I could go to heaven. What a blessing it was to know that I could have a personal relationship with the God, who not only created me, but  died for me. Jesus not only ascended  to the right hand of His Father, but He now is  resurrected and is living His  life through the Person of the Holy Spirit in the believer..

That was all I needed to hear. My sin had been dealt with and now I could grow to know the ONE who really  DID care for my soul and demonstrated His care.  Jesus was not only the Son of God, but also the Son of man.  He understood emotional pain and how to relate to the human dilemma  He walked the same road as we do, yet without sin. 

Whatever we face, Jesus Christ has already faced it. He knows what it is like:

to be hungry
to be tired
to be lonely
to be hated
to be beaten
to be persecuted
to be misunderstood 
to be mistreated
to be mocked and laughed at
to be betrayed by a friend
to be tempted
to be responsible for employees
to feel forsaken
to feel hopeless
to have no spouse
to have to pay taxes
to live under an oppressive government
to experience extreme pain

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." Hebrews 4:15

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need"  Hebrew 4:16

How grateful I am to know that we have our precious Lord Jesus Christ interceding for us at ALL times.  That should comfort us every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.