Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Affirming Who We Are in Christ

There are several  promises from the Word of God that reveal our true identity.  When we know these truths, we will no longer ask ourselves, "Who am I?"  Our search for our personal identity is fulfilled in the promises. The following are a few of the many promises, that we need to be confessing to affirm ourselves in Christ.

In Christ , we are a new creation.  The old things are gone, and all things have become new to us.

In Christ, we have been delivered from the Kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of light.

In Christ, we have access to all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

In Christ, we are complete.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me"(John 14:6)  As we personalize this promise in prayer and affirmation, we say, "Jesus is MY way, MY truth, and MY life." This is a powerful faith building affirmation.

As we pray, it is important to lay claim to  our rightful inheritance as children of the King by reflecting on who Jesus is to us, individually and personally. For example, we would pray:  "Lord Jesus, you are my Shepherd.  I shall not want.  You lead me.           (  Psalms 23) You are my Good Shepherd. (John 10:14)  You are the door that opens an entirely new life for me. (John 10-9) You are my fortress, and my sure defense. (Psalms 89:18)

"You are my rock of refuge, my high tower, my shield, and my buckler. (Psalm 18:30) You are the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us. (John 1:14)  You are the Word of life. (1John1:1) You are Immanuel--God with me. (Isa. 7:14)  You are my righteousness and my salvation; therefore, I have nothing to fear. (Psalm27:1)

I thank you that you are the first and the last, the Alpha and Omega. (Rev. 1:8)  You are the Sun of righteousness. (Mal. 4:2)  You are the fragrant rose of Sharon and the fairest of ten thousand.  You are the Lily of the Valley.( Song of Solomon 2:1) You are the bright and morning star. (Rev 22:16)  You are the light of the world, and in you there is NO darkness at all. (John 1:5)

"You are called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the everlasting Father, and the Prince of peace. (Is. 9:6)   You are the Holy One of Israel, the Lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world.(Rev. 13:8)   At your name, every knee will bow and tongue confess that you are Lord to the glory of god the Father.  (Phil.2:10) You are the God in whom I live and move and have my being. (Acts 17:28)  You meet all my needs." (Phil 4:19) 

Our position in Christ enables us to lay claim to all of the promises of God. His indwelling presence in our  lives fulfills each of those promises to us.  Christ dwells within us, and we are truly complete in Him. (Col. 2:10).  It doesn't get any better than that !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.