Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

An Angel Unaware?

A very dear sister in the Lord and I have been sharing in a forty day journey of seeking the presence of the Lord, by fasting from sugar, desserts and walking thirty minutes four times a week. We were on our thirty fourth day when this truly happened to her.  You be the judge.

"I went to the park that I have been going to for weeks now to walk after work.  I started walking and was just plain NOT wanting to do this. I even said to myself," I am only going around this one time and will have to figure out something else".  As I walked I said out loud, "Jesus, please help me get through this'.  I kept walking. As I was coming to the finish line of my first lap, out of nowhere this woman walks up to me, starts talk with me, and walks with me.  She talked to me about everything under the sun and before I knew it, I had been around the park and finished my walk.  I told her how nice it was to walk with her and wished her God's blessings.  As I went to get in my car, suddenly I could not see her. Perhaps something could have been blocking my view. I couldn't be sure. It has been interesting to me how every day when I have walked in this park, people just pass by and say hello. 

 I have been marveling all night that God would do this for me.  My heart says, "Jesus, sent me an angel!"


Hebrews 13:2 says, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."  You never know these days.  There are angels all around us all the time.  They love to hear us worship and praise the Lord, and will join us in our holy praise.  We may not see them, although some people have. But the Word of God says,"Are they not all ministering spirits (angels) sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?"
We are not to worship the angels, but, they have been sent to us in times when we are in serious trouble and we don't even know that they are angels. Psalms 34:7 says, "The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear (worship) Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.