Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

When your faith is challenged

 Martin Luther was one of the great religious reformers of the 16th century.  His faith was challenged many times.  The following is a response to the devil when the enemy accused of being a sinner.

"When the devil accuses us and says, "You are a sinner and therefore damned,' we should answer, 'Because you say I am a sinner, I will be righteous and saved.'  'No,' says the devil, 'you will be damned,'  And I reply, 'No, for I fly to Christ, who gave Himself for my sins.  Satan, you will not prevail against me when you try to terrify me by setting forth the greatness of my sins and try to bring me into heaviness, distrust, despair, hatred, contempt and blasphemy against God.  On the contrary, when you say I am a sinner, you give me armor and weapons against yourself, so that with your own sword I may cut your throat and tread you under my feet, for Christ died for sinners.  As often as you accuse that I am a sinner, so often you remind me of the benefit of Christ my Redeemer, on whose shoulders, and not on mine, lie all my sins.  So when you say I am a sinner, you do not terrify me but comfort me immeasurably."

I love it.  Satan lost.  Salvation is ours and we can stand up and proclaim from the roof tops, "It is finished"  Jesus won the battle and we are to stand and occupy until the Lord comes again. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness there of.  Jesus won back what Adam lost. The Holy Spirit is with us and in us to stand fast in the truth.  The enemy hates us, and that is a good thing.  The Lord is our protection and on our side.(Psalm 91)  The devil has NO authority over us.  We belong to the Lord Jesus and to Him alone. Rise up church and proclaim our God is great and greatly to be praised.  He is above all gods. There is no one but OUR GOD!  May He continue to enlarge our hearts to contain more and more of Him for the glory of God, and turn America back to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.