Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

He Prepares Our Days

In the year two thousand and four, my world was turned upside down.  You might think that after your children are married, that you don't have to worry about them any more, but that is NOT true.  It is just different. I found my "mother's heart" could be still very affected when I heard about my daughter's serious illness.

My husband and I had built a new home near our middle daughter  and her family, so that she could help us to meet any needs we might have caring for my elderly parents living in our home. It was a rich blessing for many years, as our daughter reached out by caring for her grand mother and grand father, when I was not available.

One day, my mother was in the hospital recovering from pneumonia and I was on my way to bring her back home. While I was waiting for the nurse to physically check my mother and to sign the release papers, I started to read  Psalm 118 :17, 18, "I shall not die, but I shall live,and recount the deeds of the LORD.  The LORD has disciplined me severely but He has not given me over to death.,"  I thought to myself, "WOW,what a great promise to share with someone."  I tucked that away, brought my mother home, settled her down for her nap, and then headed over to fellowship with my daughter.

My daughter was sitting on the front porch looking so dejected and confused. It wasn't like her.  She has never been prone to depression and I was deeply concerned. Graciously, as always, she offered me a cup of tea and said that she had something to share with me.  "Mom, I just got back from the doctors and the lump on my breast needs attention."

When I heard this, my mind started to go in a million different directions.  I sought hard to control my own thoughts, and not to upset her any more. "Lord help me." I silently cried in my heart, and then this still small voice said to me, "Share the verses". I immediately thought of Psalm 118:17:18.  Had the Lord already prepared my heart?  Was that scripture for my daughter NOW?  The Lord knew this moment between a mother and her daughter and He so  graciously provided a word of encouragement for both of us, "You shall not die, you shall live."

How much the Lord loved my daughter.  She was truly His. He was going to discipline her, not out of His anger towards her sin, because Jesus had already paid the price at Calvary.  But now she would begin to experience the cleansing power of the Word of God, as she grew in her faith.

 She drew very close to Jesus and He became very real to her.  She and her husband took communion every day believing in the healing power of the body and blood of Jesus.  Their marriage was  strengthened, along with the faith of her children, in the Lord. 

The trial of her faith effected many people around her.  The Lord encouraged my faith, as the Lord led she and her husband through the steps of healing. There is no fear in LOVE and where the Lord is, there is liberty. 

By the grace of God, our daughter has been clean of breast cancer for ten years. Cancer is only one of the consequences of Adams sin and it could happen to any of us, but Jesus was willing to come to earth, to take upon Himself the consequences of all of Adam's sin in EXCHANGE for His healthy body.  Psalm 107 says," He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction."   There is a name HIGHER above cancer and His name is JESUS. Our daughter's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and cancer is not welcomed.  The Lord choose to heal her in this life, and continues to use her to reach out and encourage other brothers and sisters in the Lord, who are struggling with cancer. 

Looking back, the Lord was so kind to prepare me to hear my daughter's diagnosis. His Word kept both of us from being overwhelmed and released faith for the days and years ahead.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I loved you sharing this "heart moment"... from you, as a Mother, about your daughter.

    Very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bevy,
      I just opened this comment and I was very encouraged. Thank you so much. I would love to get together again with you when you are free.

      Delete
  2. Doggie,
    What a beautiful testimony of the power of God's Word in preparation for the trial your daughter faced. So great to see you both this morning! Loved sharing the presence of our Lord in such sweet fellowship!
    Hugs to you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.