Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

He took our shame

Have you ever been ashamed of something you did or something that was done to you? Recently, I have been thinking about SHAME  and its  effects on our identity in Adam compared with our identity in Christ. To live in SHAME can be extremely pain and hard to deal with as a Christian, if we don't know who we are in Jesus Christ and NOT in ADAM. Satan is a liar and he can not hold us in bondage to this world, our flesh or anyone through SHAME.

Adam brought shame into the human race when he CHOSE to sin and BROKE THE IMAGE of God in man. Our identity in Adam is extremely shameful.  We all have fallen short of the glory of God, and I only know one way to overcome SHAME  and that is to to see it for WHAT it is! "THE GLORY OF GOD EXCHANGED FOR MAN'S PRIDE.  Satan LOVES to perpetuate SHAME, especially in the children of God, and  he is very successful, if he can get away with it. That is why our new identity in Christ is SO important and to be thrown into the face of Satan. He hates us and that is a good thing, because God LOVES us and there is no SHAME IN CHRIST.
  
Jesus came into the world to deal with man's sin of SHAME and restore us back to His Father. I believe that we all, apart from Christ, have experienced shame to some degree or another, but I have talked with women who have really had to deal with EXTREME shame from their past and it has broken my heart to hear their pain and their struggle for an identity that has been lost because of SHAME.  They think shame is their identity and that is deceitful.

Our Lord is a wonderful counselor. I have seen Him reach deep into the hearts of women who have been tragically bruised emotionally as a child and  the Lord has delivered them and healed them emotionally.  The memories may still exist , but the emotional pain is gone. They truly have been delivered from the Kingdom of Darkness into the Kingdom of Light by the power of God. 

If you are still dealing with shame as a believer, I would encourage you to look Satan straight in the face and say, "Take a good look devil, my SHAME is on Jesus Christ.  He bore MY SHAME upon Himself by BECOMING A SHAME before the whole universe on the cross and because He is resurrected from the dead, He OVERCAME MY SHAME and I am FREE.  His blood has cleansed me, delivered and healed me.  I have been brought with the blood of Jesus and I have a NEW IDENTITY.  I am ----------(name), son/daughter of the living God and I am a NEW CREATION IN CHRIST AND BEHOLD ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW. I am completely forgiven; past, present and future. SHAME you must bow in the NAME OF THE LORD JESUS. Leave my body and soul immediately and wait your judgement."

Brother and sisters, there is nothing to be ashamed of any more. If you ever feel ashamed quickly recognize it as from the "pit of hell" and turn to our Father and thank Him for restoring His glory to us through His Son. Now that is SOMETHING TO PONDER!!!

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the POWER (Holy Spirit) at work IN us, to Him be glory in the CHURCH, (true body of Christ) and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever, Amen."Ephesians 3:21



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.