Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

How can I please God?

 Have you ever wanted to do something FOR God, because you love Him and wanted to please Him? I believe that we all want to  to please the Lord  by doing something that we think would give Him pleasure. Do we not owe Him our lives?  


 The Lord is so merciful and loves us so much that He finds pleasure in our desires to please Him in our sincere dedication to serve Him. But I believe His real desire is to have a more intimate relationship with us and to be available to Him, rather than just doing good things FOR Him on our own.


How could I really please God was a question I had to ask myself. I could see myself standing before the Lord one day trying to justify all the good things I did FOR God and He gently saying, "They all were good things, but you really don't know me. All I ever wanted was your fellowship and your availability for me to express myself through you." This thought DROVE me to my knees and I knew that I needed to seek the Lord for some answers. I went to the Scriptures and there I was totally set free and redirected into a closer fellowship with my Lord.  I found my answer in Hebrews 11:6."For without FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to PLEASE God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."

For years,I thought that the only FAITH that PLEASED God was my faith in the gospel.. Wasn't that enough? But, I really didn't understand FAITH.  I began to seek the Lord earnestly to understand FAITH.  If faith pleases God, I wanted to grow in  FAITH. Hebrews 11:1 is a great verse and explains FAITH,  "Faith is the confident assurance that  what we hope for is going to happen.  It is the evidence of things we cannot see" It is so easy to believe what we see but when we pray and don't see an answer, our faith can be deeply challenged.  We can began to wonder, if God heard us or has forgotten us.  Satan is great at shooting arrows  into our minds to try and destroy our faith.  He never gives up. But we can submit to God, resist the devil, and He has to flee.

Our faith is very precious to the Lord.  Our Father delights in our faith in Him  God is a person and wants us to trust Him. I like to think that the Bible is God GIVING HIS WORD TO US! It is like when someone says,"I give you my word: you can count on me."  If being human, we give our word to one another, how much more can we TRUST GOD'S GIVING US HIS WORD? 

When trials and tribulations come into our lives, we can be SURE that our God will never leave us or forsake us.  He will be right in the middle to deliver us out to greener pastures. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers us from them all", (psalm 34:19). Our God is a faithful God and He will never take His eye off of us.   As we grow to know our Lord more and more, our fears will turn to love, our doubts to hope, and our unbelief to FAITH. The Lord will finish the good work He started and we will find great pleasure in our Lord and He is ours forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.