Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A CHANGE OF HEART



                                                                         
 "Lord Jesus, how can the Holy Spirit come and live in a heart, that the Word of God says is ' deceitful, above of things, and desperately sick.?" ( Jeremiah 17:9)

For years this questions troubled me.  I wanted an answer. Then one day the Lord whispered in my ear, "Why are you trying so hard to clean a heart of sin? I took your heart of sin and nailed it to the cross. (Colossians 2:6-17). You need a new heart, a heart transplant."

Days later while  I was reading in Ezekiel 36:25-27, my eyes were  opened to the miracle that happened when I was born again,. "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanliness, and from all your idols, I will cleanse you.  And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give a NEW heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules" 

The light went on!  The Lord Himself had created a new heart in me.  No wonder I felt condemned and discouraged trying to change myself. It was impossible. 


  I am so grateful for the power of the cross and how it has liberated me from the power of sin. May the Name of the Lord be praised forever and ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.