Pages

Monday, March 19, 2018

A Nation within a Nation

 I would like you to ponder and search the scriptures for yourself about what I am going to share. It all started while reading 1 Peter  2:9 ;  "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, A HOLY NATION, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of  Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." 

 It was the expression of A HOLY NATION that caught my attention. As a believer, I began to realize that I am an ambassador of Christ of this HOLY NATION to proclaim the good news of reconciliation to a dying world. The more I grow in Christ, my politics have changed to a more eternal perspective. I am learning more and more that I can bring change in America on my knees rather then with my mouth .  God doesn't need my mouth to express my opinions and to get into aggressive arguments to get His work done.  The body of Christ, is a NATION WITHIN A NATION that  rules through prayer. Isaiah 9: 6 says " the government is upon His shoulders" and this is the government that I am submitted to for eternity: 

 Jesus Christ is the sovereign  ruler over all Nations. I am to pray for America, and her leaders, etc. but not to get emotionally involved anymore. With another election around the corner, I am expecting that it will be a real test  to see how much I believe and understand what I just wrote, namely that the church, (the body of Christ) is a HOLY NATION, WITHIN A NATION. "Lord Jesus keep me on my knees!" I pray. (2Chronicles 7-14)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.