Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

SINLESS PREFECTION?

After my last post I thought I might have given the impression that I believed in sinless perfection.  NO NO NO.  That is a lie.  I still can choose to sin, but it is by choice. When I was born in Adam, I had the NO choice, but to be a good sinner or a bad sinner. Whether good or bad I was still a sinner.  I ate from the tree of Good and Evil.

 Like Cain in Genesis 4:6, the Lord spoke to Cain and tried to stop him from murder, "If you do well, will you not be accepted?  And if you do not do well, SIN is crouching at the door.  ITS desire is for you, but you must rule over it." Cain's only choice was to do good or to do evil. Sin is an "IT"in our souls that we can choose or not.

But today, on this side of the cross, by identifying in Christ's death, burial, resurrection and ascension, as our own, we too have been crucified  buried and raised to a newness of life in Him. (Galatians 2:20) We have been set free from the tree of good and evil (our old man) and given back the TREE OF LIFE : JESUS CHRIST.  God no longer judges us by our behavior, or performance. 

The truth is, apart from Christ we were all born sinners and deserve death. "The soul that sins shall die." (Ezekiel 18:4).  Jesus came to give us LIFE and life abundantly.   Freedom to love our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love one another.

Now God's instructions through St. Paul makes sense, "Let not sin therefore reign in our mortal bodies, to make you obey its passions.  Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instrument of righteousness.  For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace"  Romans 6:12-15.










1 comment:

  1. i am happy you enjoy the post. There is no one like our God and I love to write about my first Love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear from you.